Finally, Aesthetico: the much-awaited last issue of the Blueprint for a New World series … a call for an aesthetic awakening, a re-wilding of the capitalist imagination — an adjustment to the mood, the tone, the style and thrust of our lives that has to happen if we’re going to have any kind of a future on this planet.
Is our crisis a crisis of aesthetics?
Can we design ourselves out of a terrifying future?
Where is the human spirit heading?
Featuring: Lucian Freud, Jackson Pollock, Hunter S. Thompson, Sayyid Qutb, Guy Debord, Dag Hammarskjold, Nietzsche, Pascal and Malevich.
- Neala Schleuning on art as action
- Niels van Poecke on postmodern narcolepsy
- Mark Cheetham’s Ecoaesthetics: Manifesto for the 21st century
- Douglas Haddow on the holy capitalist grail
- Keith Harrington on utopian economics
- Hala Habib on the Arab sense of beauty
And we launch the Fuckitall Rewild the Capitalist Imagination Design Quest — an attempt to shift the aesthetic tone of the world.
Aesthetico: a 144-page phantasmagoria of leaves, dreams, intimations and aesthetic bliss.