Classic Campaigns Package
This is where it all started. Adbusters is ground zero for some of the most important activism of the past thirty years. From Buy Nothing Day to #FirstThingsFirst Manifesto to #OccupyWallStreet, we've been behind some of our era's defining toneshifting moments.
Fresh out of our archives, we've collected four suites of now-rare back issues that highlight our activist past:
The Birth of Adbusters
- If you're interested in how Adbusters came to be, check out our very first issues. AB #1–3 were published quarterly in British Columbia, with a print run of just 7,000. The rest, as they say, is history.
- AB #6 saw the start of Buy Nothing Day, the annual 24-hour moratorium on consumer spending that has since caught on around the world.
- In AB #56, we resurfaced six months after the world as we knew it ended . . . not with a bang but a whimper.
- AB #3 featured some of our earliest cutting-edge efforts at Guerilla Advertising.
- AB #5 called for a media revolution with the formation of the Boston TV Party.
- AB #8 ushered Culture Jamming onto the activist scene, turning the poisonous potency of advertising on its head.
- AB #27 unleashed Design Anarchy to rest back the cultural and political power of design from soulless commercialization . . .
- . . . taking even bolder form in AB #37, which let loose the FirstThingsFirst Manifesto.
- You will get one copy of each issue listed above (no duplicates for #3).
Each batch of issues represents the start of something brazen, a little brash, but always bang-on. Stock for these mags is very limited and priced for collectors . . . but also for your supporting us in spearheading more cutting-edge activism.
Know your Adbusting history . . . find out how some classic Adbusters campaigns began. Hey, maybe there's something strategic there to be learned for the present . . .
* Each package will come with a sheet of Micromeme Warfare stickers!
Shipping, Refund & Exchange Policy
*Please expect shipping delay due to COVID-19 as services are reduced in some designations.
Adbusters is a non-profit with limited resources. We are not responsible for goods lost or damaged during shipping. To ensure your order arrives, we highly recommend tractable shipping methods of overseas orders (outside of Canada), these services include: Xpresspost, Expedited Parcel, and Tracked Parcel. All orders will be shipped via Canada Post services and we do not offer alternative courier services at the moment.
Unworn Blackspot Unswooshers can be exchanged provided the customer bears the cost of shipping. We do not refund cancelled subscriptions. We appreciate your understanding. Email email@example.com for more information.
How often is Adbusters published?
Adbusters is published bimonthly (every two months), producing six issues a year.
When will I receive my first issue?
Print subscriptions start with the next issue to go to print, which means that there can be up to a two month wait depending on when you subscribe (see publishing schedule on our subscription page). All subscribers will receive a free digital copy of the current issue sent to them via email at the time of subscribing.
How long does my subscription last?
Most subscription options are for one year (6 issues). You can try our Lifetime Membership or Recurring Subscription options if you want to avoid having to resubscribe every year.
How will I know when my subscription has expired?
We will notify you by email up to 2 months before your subscription expires. Please be sure to include your email address in your online order and adjust your inbox filters to ensure that you receive our emails.
What are your digital issues like?
Our digital issues are high-quality PDFs delivered via email (WeTransfer). All our PDFs are DRM-free so you can share them with your friends.
Why are the items in your store only available in US dollars?
The majority of our subscriber base is located in the the United States. If you are a Canadian subscriber, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-604-736-9401 to learn more about obtaining a Canadian discount. You will still be charged in USD at the most current exchange rate, but the discount will neutralize that plus a bit more!
Do you have a student rate for subscriptions?
You can receive a Student Discount of 50% off a one-year print or digital subscription by contacting us at email@example.com. You will be asked to provide your student ID number and the name of your institution.
How come the discount code does not apply correctly?
Our Culture Shop (Shopify) only accepts one discount code per order. You must remove the existing discount before applying a different one. If you would like to use multiple discount codes on different items, you might want to consider placing separate orders. If you need any further assistance on applying discount codes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note that no discount codes are applicable to recurring subscriptions.
Why should I support Adbusters?
Adbusters is one of a handful of magazines in the world that receives zero funding from advertising (print or online), corporate sponsorship or government/foundation grants. We are entirely reader-supported, allowing us to remain fiercely independent in what we do and say. We operate as a non-profit organization, which means that every dollar we raise through the sales of our magazines and other merchandise goes directly back into our campaigns and the production of the magazine. When you subscribe to Adbusters, you are joining a network of artists and activists committed to speaking truth to power around the world.